Policies and Practices
Abrasive Blasting and Coating (ABC)’s success depends on providing services that consistently meet client requirements and expectations. Our Quality Assurance Program’s establishe reasonable controls throughout the bidding, awarding, and construction process to accomplish this objective. These controls provide a systematic approach but do not, through implementation alone, produce quality results. They must also be exercised with commitment to doing appropriate and technically correct work.
These procedures help assure that work is done in a orderly manner and that employees are clear about their responsibilities and ABC’s expectations. Individuals who work with these procedures may contact anyone whose input is needed to accomplish a task regardless of title or level, while, at the same time, keeping appropriate levels of management informed.
Unless specifically prohibited, the authority to perform an assigned function may be delegated to others who are qualified. However, an individual who performs a specific function, may not review or approve that function.
The procedures are compatible with ABC’s mission statement, corporate policies, and good work practice’s.
It is the policy and goal of Abrasive Blasting & Coating, Inc. to provide painting, protective coatings and linings, and related services to industry, government agencies, and other customers in accordance with their requirements and specifications, and/or Industry Standards.
- The Management of Abrasive Blasting & Coating are committed to Client Satisfaction and providing a quality product and competitive prices.
- The Management of Abrasive Blasting & Coating is committed to complying with the Quality Control and Assurance Program described in Section III, and require that these programs be utilized by all personnel who are directly or indirectly involved in painting operations.
- Abrasive Blasting & Coating is committed to personnel and public safety, and the environment. This includes during hazardous paint removal operations. Jeffco and Abrasive Blasting & Coating have established a detailed safety program to be implemented and enforced by all employees in the shop. Safety is of the greatest importance to the proper execution of all projects, and is given the highest priority.
- Abrasive Blasting & Coating is committed to personnel training, with goals of developing and maintaining up-to-date knowledge and techniques. This training also helps meet the requirements of items 2) and 3) above.
- Abrasive Blasting & Coating is committed to providing its employees are fair and competitive wage and the opportunity for long term employment.
Key to the effectiveness of the above policies and practices, are Good Coating and Lining Practices, as described as follows.
Good Coating and Lining Practices
Good coating and lining practices are all those actions necessary to produce a product that meet the client’s specifications, industry codes and standards and are in conformance with the regulatory requirements. They shall include the following areas of special importance:
Application of coating and lining systems shall be performed with thoroughness and completeness. If alternatives are identified, they should be explored with an open mind and presented to the clients with a recommended approach that is appropriate and cost-effective.
Innovative approaches for improvements in the coating and lining system which balance the state-of-the-art practice and technology with historical practice are encouraged. Coating and lining work is to be done with full consideration of the benefits of experience and the requirements of the client (least cost, application, operations, maintenance, reliability, etc.). Historic coating and lining practices should be reviewed for appropriateness and adherence to current standards.
Employees are expected to keep all appropriate parties informed to assure that all relevant options and input are considered. The working relationship between all parties of special importance.
Safety is a very high priority with ABC. ABC can only provide the necessary training and stress its importance. This is because only ABC’s employees can insure that the work sites are safe and they work in a safe manner. In other works, It is the employees responsibility to police themselves and their fellow employees, to insure that everyone works safely.
It is expected that all employees have assignments for which they are qualified and trained. At the same time, they should seek to challenge themselves in new areas to enhance their professional growth and development.
Good work practice requires accurate and complete record keeping. All employees are expected to prepare the paperwork necessary to allow future retrieval of all information that may be necessary to substantiate the adequacy of the proposed or implemented work.
All employees are expected to conduct business in a professional manner holding the safety, health and welfare of the public paramount in the performance of their duties.